Friday, August 15, 2014

I Survived Week 1!

well, it's day 5.  i survived a whole work week without any major setbacks.  let's toast to that!

cheers! a morning toast is infinitely more awesome with green tea in a Star Trek mug...
so, something i forgot to mention in my last post is that in addition to striving for more healthier foods, i'm also tracking my calories with MyFitnessPal.  (i use the app on my iPad.)  i aim for a daily net caloric intake of 1200, which is fairly reasonable, especially when i exercise.  (because then i get to eat more.  woohoo!  and that's really the point of exercising, right??)  ;-)  kidding, kidding.

my first week's effort at meals was valiant, i believe.  not perfect, but a good start.  dinners for the week included:

my favorite meal of the week was the chicken quinoa lettuce wraps.  you gotta try this immediately!  even my husband enjoyed this meal, and folks, that's huge.  you can find the recipe here at Natasha's Kitchen. (for the record, i'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.  my food photos will not be beautiful.  but we can still be friends, right?)



still on the hunt for some delicious, healthy recipes.  please send some my way if you come across anything amazing!

Beth's Win for the Week: we had a pizza party at work to say good-bye to an employee who was serving as an interim pastor.  i ate a piece.  BUT ONLY ONE!  with a heaping side of raw veggies.  some might consider it a fail that i indulged in a piece of pizza, but for me, this is a major win.

and now, the moment of truth.... the WEEKLY WEIGH-IN.  i have lost 1.8 pounds!  now, i realize that if this were The Biggest Loser, i likely would have been kicked off the ranch for pulling such a low number.  BUT, this is real life.  and for a regular person trying to lose weight while living a normal life, i feel pretty great about this.  woohoo!  bring on week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment