Monday, December 5, 2011

project nursery and other news

we have a nursery.  and not a moment too soon!  isla could very possibly arrive any day now, so i'm happy that her room is finally ready!

to appreciate the final product, you really need to see the "before" pictures.  previously, her room had been our junk room in every sense of the word.  yuck.



in order to transform the room into a nursery, we had to replace the drafty old windows, change the light fixture, prime everything (the previous paint had been oil based...), apply about 500 coats of paint (ok, maybe just three or four...), cry a lot and change my mind a lot and fight with the people at walmart about failed site-to-store deliveries (pregnancy = way too much drama for me!), and then finally pull it all together!  whew!

so here's the final product.  it doesn't really compare to the amazingly cool nurseries i've been scoping out on pinterest.com and other websites, but i like it and i think isla will feel right at home.  :-)

 i picked the general color palate, but steve settled on the final wall color.  good choice, steve!  :-)

the changing table is a reeeeeaally old dresser from my dad's side of the family.  i repainted it 6-7 years ago, having no idea that i'd one day use it for for this purpose!

in the near future, the hooks will be used for hanging little towels and whatnot... but for now, i just couldn't resist hanging a cute little sweater!

here is the corner opposite of the crib.  the rocking chair is the same one the my mom rocked me and my sister on as babies.  :-)

i painted the back of a bookshelf to match my colors.  easy-schmeasy update!  also, the stuffed animals all have a story behind them.  i love that i can pass them on to my little girl!

ideally, i'd still like to find an ottoman and side table for this corner of the room.  with my awesome photoshopping skills, you can see how this will look one day.  :-)



 in other news....
  • prior to thanksgiving, isla had been head-down and ready for delivery.  however, at my appointment last week, the midwife discovered that she had flipped back around and is now breech.  (must have been all of that wonderful thanksgiving food!)  since i'm now at 37 weeks, we will be meeting with a doctor tomorrow to discuss options, which include an ECV (external cephalic version) or possibly a c-section.  or maybe she'll flip back around on her own!  we'll see...
  • i know that breech = bad, but ever since she flipped into this position, i've been so much more comfortable!  so the relief is kind of nice.
  • i now have exactly two pairs of pants that fit.  (and really, only one pair that fits well.)  dressing for the next few weeks could get interesting....
  • i am unbelievably excited to meet my baby girl!!!  i continue to praise God for this miracle.
have a great week, friends!

5 comments:

  1. The nursery is beautiful! I especially like all of the framed art. I hope the next few weeks (or maybe days!) leading up to Isla's arrival go smoothly and as comfortably as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, lisa! i made all of the wall art, except the one above the hooks with the text on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Beth!! It is exactly what I would picture for Isla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love what you did!

    And I hear your pain about the running out of clothes. I remember getting down to two shirts, both of which were red. Really? Who gives a giant pregnant woman a RED shirt? I looked like a tomato. Every day.

    And now I laugh. You will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nursery is beautiful! Amazing! Puts ours for Emma to shame really... I love it! :)

    Emma did the same thing to me and was head down from 26 weeks on until my 39th week appointment. Talk about last minute. Since I had started dilating, they offered me the aversion option but it was pretty painful and didn't work... I ended up with a c-section 3 days later. Not what I had planned or desired but in the end, she was here safe and sound and that's all that matters...

    Will be praying that she flips back around for you so you avoid the c-section and also praying for a safe delivery either way!

    ReplyDelete